Saturday, August 12, 2006

Saturday Prepositions

In the sky: whispy clouds after a night of spectacular lightening and rain.

Picture 170

From the wheel here's 275 yards of fingering-weight 2-ply I spun from Kate's merino/alpaca/silk roving. Margene and I both bought some at Three Wishes last Friday. Margene, who is much more organized than me, has a photo of the unspun roving here.

Picture 166

Click on this photo if you want an extreme close-up:
Picture 167

I'm really excited over the prospect of taking a dyeing class from Kate at the Great Basin Fiber Arts Fair. I'm such a transparent groupie when it comes to her hand-dyed rovings that the owner of Three Wishes sent me an email when she got a new shipment. I had to buy one of every colorway; wouldn't you?

On the Holz & Stein rosewood (yum!) needles, a mitten that I'm knitting from the book Selbustrikk, an absolutely amazing pattern booklet sent to me last week by Kate in Norway:

Picture 169


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.