Monday, August 14, 2006

Slight Of Hand

Now you see it:

Picture 172

Picture 171

Now you don't:

Picture 174

Picture 173

After working feverishly to finish the first Norwegian mitten that was featured in Saturday's post, I excitedly removed the waste yarn from the stitches at the thumb opening and discovered the hand was too short. *DAMN*

I rarely knit mittens but I certainly learned a lesson from this latest experience. After knitting about an inch above the thumb opening, it would be wise to open up the thumb stitches and place them on some waste yarn. Then you can try the mitten on and knit the hand until it actually fits. *doh*

Is this some well-known trick employed by all you mitten knitters? Am I the last to the thumb party?


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.