Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Swallowtail Shawl

Margene kindly agreed to hold my Swallowtail Shawl for a photo:

Picture 185

Pattern: Swallowtail Shawl by Evelyn Clark
Source: Interweave Knits, fall '06 issue
Yarn: 1 skein Misti Alpaca laceweight
Needle: 4mm (U.S. #6)
Finished Dimensions: 52 inches across the wingspan and 26 inches down the center back

Notwithstanding the nupps, which are a bit slow to work on the purl side, this was a fast knit. I spent less than 3 days actually knitting on it. Now that the shawl is completed, I stand by my original observation that the three different stitch patterns used in the design do not transition into each other smoothly. But, I didn't alter the pattern by recharting the transitions because I'm wearing it to a Bat Mitzvah on Saturday so I was in a rush to finish it.

Tomorrow . . . photos of birthday swag from my Stitch 'N Bitch grrls.


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.