Thursday, August 03, 2006

Thunder and Lightening and Wind – Oh, My!

A wild, crazy storm blew through Salt Lake on Tuesday and my neighborhood was particularly hard-hit by torrential rain and 70-80 mph winds. Our house was spared any major damage, although the clean-up from some flooding in DS’s bedroom is ongoing. My neighbors were not quite as fortunate. This tree at the top of my street was hit by lightening and split right in half.

Picture 005

The impact of the lightening strike caused my neighbor’s bay window to shatter.

Picture 004

Trees (and power lines) are down everywhere; many fell on houses, cars, and garages.

Some trees were snapped at the base:

Picture 007

Others, like this huge one directly across the street from my house were uprooted:

Picture 002

Although I have a new sock-in-progress to show you, knitting and blogging will have to take a back seat to cleaning up this week.


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.