Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Kids, Don't Try This At Home

While perusing the shelves at Michaels, searching for a pair of scissors to replace the innumerable pairs I have lost in the last month, my eye wandered to the Wall 'o Yarn. There, among the fun fur and acrylic/nylon blends, was a bin filled with skeins of beautiful-looking yarn in fantastic colorways. Further investigation was in order.

I plucked one from the bin and checked the fiber content--70% wool and 30% soy.
Hmmmm . . . Must.try.the.new.Patons.SWS.yarn.

I brought the skein to Stitch ' Bitch last night and cast on for a small felted bag. I only had the one skein (110 yards) so it worked up quickly.

Picture 233

See that teeny, tiny, bit of yarn? That's all I had left. Talk about cutting it close. I couldn't have planned that if I tried.

It's in the washing maching, felting, as I type. It's pretty loosely spun so if it felts at all (crossing fingers) it should happen fairly quickly. Hopefully I'll have something fun to show tomorrow.


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.