Sunday, September 17, 2006

Random Sunday

The weather has improved somewhat after yesterday’s snow. Here’s the second photo I took yesterday. This one is from the front of my house looking West (the opposite direction from yesterday’s photo).

saturdaysky

Depressed by the sudden onslaught of winter, DH and I took a ride up to Ogden in the afternoon. I finished the wimple in the car on the way back.

Picture 229

FYI, the pattern called for 300 yards of lace weight yarn or 200 yards of fingering weight yarn. I used Rowanspun 4-ply and followed the instructions for the lace-weight version. I used about 2.5 skeins; each has 160 yards. So that’s about 400 yards.

I blocked it only lightly since I want it to remain stretchy. And I used a really stretchy bind-off and blocked the bound-off edge so it flares out slightly. That will be the bottom edge; the part that sits on the shoulders.

This is for my pal in the International Scarf Exchange. Hope she likes it!

Searching For


These people have ordered my Forest Canopy Shoulder Shawl pattern but the email message with the pattern attached has come back to me as undeliverable.
Christy Ann Flynn
Maryanne Cooper
Mary Alice Tinari
Bridget Gordan
Eileen Noel
If you see your name listed above and you haven't received your pattern, please email me by clicking on this link.


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.