Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Something In The Air

Teri mentioned at Stitch 'N Bitch last week that her husband had recently asked her to knit him a sweater. She was floored because he's never requested anything before. In a similarly strange turn of events, DH, who barely happily tolerates all my knitting and yarn-buying adventures but rarely asks for anything, made a "request" on Sunday for a pair of fingerless gloves. Oh, and could he have them by Friday, please.

What gives? Is there something in the air spawning many manly requests for hand-knit goodies?

So, what's a grrl to do? Drop everything, of course, and tend to the crisis knitting. I still need to weave in the ends (oh, the ends!) but I hope to get that completed at Stitch 'N Bitch tonight:

IMG_1953


I used bits and pieces of instructions in Ann Budd's, Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns. I've said this before, and I'll say it again, those patterns are waaaaaay oversized. I adore the book, but I think there's a bit too much ease worked into the numbers. I knit these gloves using the instructions for an 8-year-old and they fit DH, well . . . like a glove.

More Finished Shawls


Teri, Birdsong, and Heidi have all finished their Forest Canopy Shoulder Shawls. Way to go, grrls!!


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.