Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Winners

Thanks to everyone who entered my contest to identify the ballpark in which I was knitting my Parade socks. Most of you got the correct answer which was Oriole Park at Camden Yards in Baltimore. We had awesome seats, just 4 rows above the Oriole's dugout. And the source of those great tickets was none other than the effervescent Amber, a/k/a the woman holding the sock in the photo. Amber was the inspiration for my Amber hat pattern, the link to which is in the sidebar.

Oh, right, so who won???

Dana guessed the name of the ballpark correctly so she won the bar of Laurie's soap. Laurie's website is now fully operational so take a look and order your favorite bar.

Hillary correctly guessed that Amber was holding the sock. She won a copy of my new Forest Canopy Shoulder Shawl pattern.

And there was one more winner this weekend . . . ME! Remember Kate's merino/silk/alpaca roving that I spun into this lovely lace-weight yarn.

Picture 166

Well, I knit it up into a Mountain Stream scarf last week and entered it into the finished item competition at the Great Basin Fiber Arts Fair. Here it is, adorned with it's First Place ribbon:
IMG_1878

IMG_1879

WooHoo!


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.