Monday, October 16, 2006

Fetching

I spent part of the weekend plying the sparkling roving and the rest working on my first project inspired by the Lonesome Skein Knitalong . **




Behold, the left half of a pair of Fetching fingerless gloves.

I'm using one skein of Classic Elite Wings yarn that I overdyed. I split the skein of yarn into two equal balls before I started knitting; one ball for each glove. Hopefully, my measurements were close. I figure I'll weave the ends in after the second glove is finished in case I have to make any adjustments; like take out a round of knitting at the top.

I didn't follow the pattern exactly (surprised?). And I have plans to alter it a bit more for the second glove in order to make them mirror images. I'll let you know how it works out.


Forest Canopy Shoulder Shawls

In the last week or so, I've received several emails from knitters who have finished their Forest Canopy Shawls . I've just been too damn lazy to post the links. But I have tried to visit everyone's blogs and leave a comment.

Elizabeth knit her shawl from Anne sock yarn and wore it to a wedding. Check her blog for a funny story.
Edna knit hers from Anne, too.
Kristie knit hers from Lorna's Laces yarn. Gorgeous.
Sharon used Mountain Colors Bearfoot. Great substitution.


***BTW, if you want to join the Lonesome Skein Knitalong , today (Monday) is the last day to sign up. So act fast.


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.