Thursday, October 19, 2006

In Which I Thank You And Describe How I Altered Fetching

First, thanks to everyone who left a comment for Blogless Val. Seriously, I really appreciate that you took the time to help me bring my little scheme to fruition. I’m not sure whether Val can actually respond to the comments or whether they are delivered to Margene’s email account, but I’m sure she was appreciative of every one . . . and surprised. Last time I checked there were over 148 comments (wow!). I would say Val is entitled to something extra special from Rhinebeck! And don’t forget to check out today’s post from guest blogger #2, Karen.

Second, as promised, here are my first pair of Fetching fingerless gloves:



Sorry for the crappy photo. The one in Monday's post is much better.

Pattern: Fetching by
Yarn: Classic Elite Wings (yellow, overdyed by me with Brilliant Blue ProChem dye)
Needles: 3.5mm double points
Pattern Alterations: These notes won’t make much sense unless you have the original pattern in front of you.


That’s about it. I think the pattern is a clever use of a single skein of yarn. I love the gloves and will probably make a few more pairs after I finish my current crisis knitting. I’m thinking Classic Elite Lush would be a nice substitute for the Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran since it has a whopping 123 yards in each 50g skein but knits up at about the same gauge.

Tomorrow or Saturday I’ll show you the second pair I made and tell you how I altered the pattern just a bit more.

|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.