Monday, October 09, 2006

Progress

The only thing better than having a day off work for a federal holiday, is when that day is not a school holiday. Aaah, how I love the deafening silence around here when the kids are at school. Not surprisingly, I made a bit of progress on a couple of knitterly projects. In fact, I actually finished something. Seriously, that is not a misprint.

Remember the baby sweater I botched a couple of weeks ago? It's finally off the needles:

Picture 266

I've said it before, and I'll probably say it again, but I just love this pattern which is called the Blossoms and Bowties Baby Cardigan. I think this is the fourth one I've knit. Instructions are given for bulky weight and worsted weight yarn and I've made the sweater with both types. I prefer the worsted weight but if you use bulky, you can easily knit the entire sweater in a weekend. Well, unless you totally screw it up like I did last month.

I changed the pattern a bit this time, working garter edges instead of the chevron cuffs and lower edge. See my double-start cast on at the bottom edge?? You gotta love that double-start cast on.

Tell me the truth; what do you think of the buttons?

Picture 267

They're plastic (nice plastic) covered with a thin layer of leather. Are they too old-mannish for a baby?? Seriously, do they scream "Grandpa"?

And what else did I do today? Well, here's a hint. It involved opening many, many Rubbermaid bins.


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.