Saturday, October 07, 2006

Saturday Prepositions

In the sky:

saturdaysky

The last bit of cloudiness after a night and day of rain.

On the kitchen table:





Click on the photos if you want really, really large versions.

I bought this fabulous bouquet of flowers at last night's Legal Aid Fundraiser. There was a different arrangement on each table and they were auctioned off to the highest bidder at the table. These were arranged by a local florist called Roots. Although I had never heard of this business until last night, their number went right into my address book. Seriously, this could be the most spectacular arrangement I've ever had at my house.

Around the bobbin:

singles

Some roving I picked up this morning at Three Wishes. It's distributed by Kraemer Yarns and I believe it is fairly new because Kristine said she'd just received the shipment and I couldn't find any information about it on the Web, including on Kraemer's site. I can tell you what I think of it, though. It's OK. Personally, I don't like any of the Kraemer yarns. The colors are beautiful, but the yarn itself is kinda blah. Same is true of this roving. I'm spinning up a colorway called "Spice" and it's a beautiful, heathery mix of orange, red, and yellow. But the fibers themselves are somewhat short and coarse with little crimp so the singles are somewhat hairy. I don't think the finished yarn will be particularly soft or lofty. That said, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this roving to a beginning spinner. It's been prepared nicely and drafts very, very easily.

Has anyone else used this??


Who's linking here?
|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.