Friday, January 12, 2007

Fun Fur Friday

I've been busily knitting up novelty yarn hats for Kate and the kids at Children's Hospital.

Since last Sunday, I've made one from Lion Brand Fun Fur:

Picture 440

one from Patons Cha Cha (which was shockingly easy to knit with):

Picture 439

one from Bernat Frenzy:

Picture 438

and one from a double strand of some furry, uber-soft, 100% nylon yarn I bought at Target a year ago:

Picture 437

That brings my grand total to 7 hats in 7 days. Not bad.

Picture 435

Now that I'm ahead of the game, I hope to complete at least 1 hat each week until the deadline of February 28th. That should deplete my current stash of Fun Fur:

Picture 441

Several people have asked me privately why I seem to possess so much Fun Fur yarn. Most of the skeins were purchased years ago when my daughter and her friends clamored every summer for crocheted flip flops. And I bought several skeins last weekend when Jo-Ann Fabric had them on special for $1.00 a ball.

Can't beat that.

|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.