Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Tuesday Prepositions

Around the bobbin:

Picture 341

Some lovely, snow white roving that I bought on Saturday during a quick trip to Three Wishes with Margene. It's a mix of wool, silk, and Angelina. The photo's not great, but I think you can see the sparkle from the Angelina. This stuff has been fun to spin but I'm not sure when I'll get around to plying it.

Margene bought a cute orifice hook and I began to regret passing them up as soon as I got home. So I made my own. A gold star to anyone who can guess what I used:

Picture 343

On the needles:

Picture 344

Another new sock design for Knit Picks. This one combines their Memories sock yarn with their Bare yarn which was formerly called "Dye Your Own." They sent me some Jacquard dye in the Chestnut color to dye the Bare and I was duly impressed with the dye. The color is incredibly even and the dye bath exhausted fully in less than 30 minutes.

Off the needles:

Another Forest Canopy Shoulder Shawl.

Picture 337

This one was knit from some ancient novelty yarn I had in my stash--Filatura Di Crosa Annabella. The yarn was a mix of rayon, cotton, and nylon. It was one of those ridiculously overpriced but lovely novelty yarns that calls out to be purchased but then never lends itself to an appropriate project. The whole shawl was knit from only two skeins, which is less than 250 yards. It measured 52 inches across the wingspan and 28 inches down the center back. I used a very large needle; a U.S. #10 (6mm). The inspiration came from Rachel's Forest Canopy shawl which she knit from just one skein of Twizzle.

|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.