Thursday, December 14, 2006

Down To The Wire

Tomorrow night is the first night of Hanukkah and I'm scrambling to finish up a couple of projects.

The first is a Bejeweled Scarf I'm knitting from the yarn left over from the Sienna Cardigan I made for my daughter.

Picture 376

Next, I've been busily making batch after batch of Peppermint Bark to bring to a party on Saturday night.

Picture 372

This is my favorite holiday treat to make because (1) it's easy, (2) everyone loves it, and (3) I hate both white chocolate and mint in candy so I'm not tempted to eat any myself.

Finally, a sure-fire sign the holidays are closing in . . . I opened my first present--a pair of hand-knit socks sent to me by Tine:

IMG_2195_copy

Are they fabulous or what! She dyed the merino yarn herself.
I wore them to work today and they're perfect for the ice box they call my office. Thanks again, Tine! My feet were toasty warm all day.

|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.