Monday, January 15, 2007

Just Swatch Me

I'm taking a little break from the Fun Fur hats to help Amy with a few swatches for her booth at SPA. I've spun up plenty of Amy's roving (and bought plenty more) but I'd never tried her yarns until this weekend. Yum!

This first swatch is knit from Amy's Speckles yarn, which is a beautiful, soft merino wool that needs handwashing:

Picture 4469

Next up, is her Superwash Sport/DK sock yarn:

Picture 4468

Then, there's the superwash wool/nylon blend sock yarn.
For the bottom half of this swatch, I used Amy's Razor's Edge pattern.

Picture 4470

Finally, the swatch I have on the needles now is Amy's "Skinny Socks," a machine-washable merino wool. The ribbing portion is done in the Fluted Bannister stitch pattern. I love these colors:

Picture 4467

I'm hoping to finish this one up tonight while I watch the next 2 hours of the 24 premier. Did you catch the first two hours last night???

And for all of you who are not knitting from your stash in 2007, you'll be happy to know that Amy's running a yarn sale until Wednesday. So there's no time to lose.

|

Running commentary on my unending quest to knit up my stash.